Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Guys NW 2012 and AMOCAT Speed Emporium Open House

Aaaahhhh.... My favorite weekend of the year!  And why wouldn't it be?  A big car show and the best street party/open house of the season.  And all within a few blocks from my home!

My son and I went over to the fairgrounds on Saturday morning and poked around.  There were a lot of nice cars there, for sure.  It would go without saying that they weren't all to my taste, but I suppose that's true of any show and attendee.  What was impressive was the VOLUME of vehicles there.  I heard from a friend that the local constabulatory forced the show folks to open the gates at 5:45 am, 15 minutes early because cars were backed up all the way around the grounds, down the street and up on to the freeway.

That said, I didn't actually take that many photos at the show.  I spent more time messing around with my kid, talking to friends and just soaking in the sights than behind the lense.  Here's some of what I did shoot, though:










Then, later on, the AMOCAT open house!  In 2006, Steve and Corry Glucoft moved in to the neighborhood, and every year on the Saturday of Good Guys, they thow a great street party/open house.  This year was as great as ever, complete with catered BBQ, music, and an ol' dragster spittin' flames in the street after dark.  I was helping them out with their website, too, and we got it done just in time for the party as well.  You can check it out on my Links section. 

Just like last year, (and the year before, and the year before, etc.) I didn't end up ridin' my bike home 'til way after closin' time.  Thanks again for everything, guys!














I wish I could have gotten a better shot of the girl in the driver's seat's face.  I think she got a bit more than she bargained for...





No comments:

Post a Comment