Oh, what a couple of weeks it was down in Santa Cruz. Clayton cracked the whip, and even though it was supposed to be a family vacation, we got a bunch of stuff done on my car. (I say this with full recognition that Clay did about twice as much as I did...)
We got the Radiator back from Mr. Mark Nelson, so we mounted that up and did the hoses. Clay made some nifty drop-boxes to get the bottom hoses to the engine. Clay's dad, Basil Slaughter was down to help Clay set up a new lathe, and he was nice enough to turn out a couple of very nice radiator support bars.
Using the stock headers, flex tubing and a couple of early torque tubes, we did up the exhaust. I got the kick plate installed and made a couple other little plates for covering up some of the holes in the firewall, as well as built and installed the battery box and associated brackets. Then the Throttle pedal was installed, and Clay worked out all of the throttle linkage.
I also got the tail light and license plate bracket mounted. And we modified the seat and shifter a little, too.
Here's some photos from about mid-way through all of that: